Saturday, January 21, 2006

 

Anacortes Meet, February 21, 2006

I drove up to Anacortes for a short course yards meet. I'm doing the Check-Off Challenge. That's where you swim all 18 meet events during the year. It can be in practice or at meets. As I do the events, I'm going to check them off on a t-shirt that I'll be getting for this challenge. I swam the 200 fly (3:24, I finished, yeah), 400 IM (6:27 ohhh myyy.. will it ever end...), 100 breast (1:26 at terrible time for me), and 500 free (7:13, a good time) . Now I have 14 events left to go. My meet was generally slow, but I got a pep talk by the woman who counted laps for me on the 500. She is a friend of friends and her little pep talk really motivated my 500. Amazing what a little motivation can do. Nick also showed up for the meet. He swam the 100 free and the 100 breast. There was a 19 year old from Oak Harbor who swam the 100 fly in 54. He left everyone in the dust, but the star attraction at the meet was Marion Chadwick who is 84. She swam the 500 free. The whole place broke out into applause when she finished.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?